ImageN-P496_Facilities_EastPavilionConstruction-LouiseJohnson,1957

In 1956, Presbyterian Hospital merged with St. Luke’s Hospital, which was founded in 1864 and established a nursing school in 1885. The merger brought St. Luke’s to Rush’s campus (although the hospital buildings still stand on the 1400 blocks of South Michigan and Indiana Avenues). The new East Pavilion, seen here, opened in 1958 to support the growth of Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Hospital following the merger. In 1979, New East Pavilion was renamed the John L. and Helen Kellogg Pavilion, as it is known today.

In 1956, Presbyterian Hospital merged with St. Luke’s Hospital, which was founded in 1864 and established a nursing school in 1885. The merger brought St. Luke’s to Rush’s campus (although the hospital buildings still stand on the 1400 blocks of South Michigan and Indiana Avenues). The new East Pavilion, seen here, opened in 1958 to support the growth of Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Hospital following the merger. In 1979, New East Pavilion was renamed the John L. and Helen Kellogg Pavilion, as it is known today.

Leave a Reply