Nurses at Rush: What the Patients Are Saying

Tower_floors_11-9_092The most gratifying aspect of Rush’s Facebook page is the positive feedback we get from patients and their families. Since it’s National Nurses Week, we’re sharing a few comments they posted recently about the nursing staff at Rush.

• Once again I’m in Rush sweating out the biopsy results. And once again I have to tell anyone listening that the nursing staff on 10 and 11 Kellogg are the best there is. … No matter how rotten I feel or rotten my attitude is, they manage to cheer me up, and for that I again say thanks so much. You ladies (well folks, there is a guy or two in this mix as well and they are just as good) are the poster children for angels of mercy.
  • I cannot begin to tell you how great the nurses and the ER room were. I almost hated to leave. The nurses were so kind and attentive. They were just great! They kept me updated and made sure that I was OK. … I would highly recommend the Rush ER to anyone.
  • I came in for a three-day stay to run another course of chemotherapy. I was amazed at how well I was treated. The nursing staff at Rush is one of the best I’ve ever seen. It’s very hard for cancer patients to keep up their spirits, but the nurses there do their very best to keep you in a better mood while providing superb medical care. Ladies and the occasional gentleman, thank you all.
  • A BIG thank you to all of the nurses on the transplant floor! All of you were truly amazing!
  • Thank you to all the nurses, especially to those who took care of me and my son during labor and after delivery.
  • All the nurses we had for my husband’s cancer treatment were wonderful. Thank you!
  • The nurses who took care of me after my spinal fusion surgery were amazing! God bless you all!
  • To the nurses and PCTs on ninth floor north you helped me through the scariest time in my life!

2 thoughts on “Nurses at Rush: What the Patients Are Saying

1. I want to thank all the nurses on the Inpatient Rehab floor ,6th, in the Bowman Center! They are some of greatest people I’ve met in my life! They cared for me, encouraged me, indulged me, lent me their shoulders to cry on & were there before I knew I needed them. They will forever be a great part of my life!

2. I agree. The nursing staff at Rush is amazing. My cousin worked there for several years, and I had the privilege of meeting several of the nurses working there from time to time. They’re all top notch and very kind, caring people. Keep it up Rush!