In celebration of National Nurses Week, we look back at photos from the Rush Archives from the nursing programs and hospitals that eventually became part of Rush University Medical Center.
A student nurse assists a young Presbyterian Hospital patient in this 1947 photo.
Nurses from St. Luke’s Hospital Training School for Nurses take a cocoa break in 1900
Nurses at St. Luke’s Hospital, 1951
Presbyterian-St. Luke’s nursing students, 1966
Presbyterian Hospital School of Nursing capping ceremony, 1956
Three nurses at work in the Presbyterian Hospital infant nursery around 1905. One nurse is bathing newborns, while two others prepare an incubator for a premature baby.
Class of 1941, Presbyterian Hospital School of Nursing
St. Luke’s Hospital nursing students, 1949
St. Luke’s School of Nursing Students, Schweppe Memorial Entrance, 1948