Spine Surgery at Rush ‘the Right Choice For Me’

BrookieSpaBy Brookie Spa

In 2006, I had an injury causing damage to my spine. Since then, I have endured many years of pain, with more than one surgery to attempt to ease my discomfort.

On Dec. 28, 2012, Dr. Kern Singh and his staff operated on my spine. This was my fourth surgery. Not only did I appreciate his minimally invasive procedure, but his staff was awesome. They are very kind, caring and compassionate to their patients. I never felt as if I was a bother to them with my questions or concerns.

From the time I arrived at patient registration, visiting pre-op, participating in the surgery, visiting post-op and staying for two days thereafter, the medical team at Rush University Medical Center — Dr. Singh’s team, the pain management team, OT, PT, and of course the great nursing staff — were top notch. Facility services were awesome as well.

Working in the medical field myself, it was a pleasure to be treated with respect along with each member being very caring and compassionate. Each person went above and beyond to make sure I was well cared for.

It has been four weeks since my surgery. I am feeling much better, however still healing. It does take time for the body to heal and adjust after having any type of surgery. After hearing stories from other patients, what they went through and how they recovered from many other places where they received medical care and surgeries,  I know that coming to Rush was the right choice for me.

I cannot say enough about Rush University Medical Center in Chicago. I recommend this facility to anyone who needs specialized care. Thank you again and again for an awesome experience.

Brookie Spa lives in Moweaqua, Ill.