Each month, the Rush Archives selects a photo from its collection offering a glimpse of Rush University Medical Center‘s history, which dates back to 1837.
This 1945 photo features accounting firm founder Arthur Andersen and his wife, who donated to the medical library of St. Luke’s Hospital in honor of Dr. Arthur Elliott, chairman of the library committee.
Arthur Andersen bought out The Audit Company of Illinois to form Andersen, DeLany & Co. in 1918. We now know the company as Accenture. St. Luke’s Hospital merged with Presbyterian Hospital in 1958 to form Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Hospital, which would later become Rush University Medical Center.