The new year is upon us, and if you’ve resolved to lead a healthier, more active life in 2010, here are a few tips for sticking with that resolution beyond the third week of January.
- Start small: Don’t set goals that are too difficult to achieve
- Do what you enjoy: Pick an activity that makes you feel good (this will keep you going for the long run)
- Keep it simple: If the activity is too complicated or requires lots of time to set up, this may discourage you from even starting. For example, taking a walk every day is going to be more beneficial than a complicated exercise routine that you rarely do.
- Keep score: Keep a diary of your progress, which allows you to see how far you’ve come.
- Reward yourself: Take yourself to see a movie, shopping or some other activity to reward your commitment and progress.